Effective date: February 25, 2020
- Cookies: Small files stored on your computer or mobile device, which may include an anonymous unique identifier. Cookies are sent to your browser from a website and stored on your device.
- Data Controller: A legal person who (either alone or jointly or in common with other persons) determines the purposes for and the manner in which any personal information is processed. For the purpose of this Policy, the Solution is the Data Controller of your personal data.
- Personal Data: Personally Identifiable Information (PII) about a living individual who can be identified from that data (or from those and other information either in our possession or likely to come into our possession).
- Service Provider (Data Processor): A legal third party company or individual who processes the data on behalf of the Data Controller. Service Providers facilitate, provide, perform, or assist in providing certain services.
- Usage Data: Data collected automatically, either generated by the use of the Solution or from the the Solution infrastructure itself (for example, the duration of a page visit).
- User (Data Subject): A living individual who is using the Solution and is the subject of personal data.
Information Collection and Use
We collect several different types of information for various purposes to provide and improve our Solution to you.
Types of Data Collected
Our Solution may ask you to provide certain personal data to be used to contact or identify you. Your personal data may include, but is not limited to:
- Email address
- First name
- Resident Country and State (if appropriate)
- Cookies and usage data
Your personal data may be used to contact you with Solution updates or marketing materials that may be of interest to you. You may opt out of receiving any, or all, of these communications from us by following the unsubscribe link or instructions provided in any email we send.
Information on how the Solution is accessed and used may be collected. This usage data may include information such as your computing device Internet Protocol (IP) address, browser type, Internet Service Provider (ISP), the pages of our Solution that you visit, the time and date of your visit, the time spent on those pages, unique device identifiers, and other diagnostic data. We use this information, which does not identify individual users, to analyze trends, to administer the Solution, to track user movements around our site, and to gather demographic information about the user base as a whole. We do not link this automatically-collected data to your personal data.
Usage data may also be used to provide aggregate information to our advertisers, such as how many people saw their advertisement in a given timeframe, or how many clicked on it.
Tracking & Cookies Data
Cookies and similar tracking technologies may be used to track the activity on the Solution. Other tracking technologies such as beacons, tags, and scripts may be used to collect and track information and to improve and analyze the Solution.
You can instruct your browser to refuse all cookies or to indicate when a cookie is being sent. However, if you do not accept cookies, you may not be able to use some portions of the Solution.
Examples of cookies we may use:
- Session Cookies. We use Session Cookies to operate our Service.
- Preference Cookies. We use Preference Cookies to remember your preferences and various settings.
- Security Cookies. We use Security Cookies for security purposes.
Use of Data
The Solution uses the collected data for various purposes:
- To provide and maintain the Solution
- To notify you about news of and changes to the Solution
- To allow you to participate in interactive features of the Solution
- To provide customer support
- To gather analysis or valuable information so that we can improve the Solution
- To monitor the usage of the Solution
- To detect, prevent, and address technical issues
Legal Basis for Processing Personal Data under the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR)
If you are from the European Economic Area (EEA), the Solution’s legal basis for collecting and using the personal information described in this Policy depends on the personal data we collect and the specific context in which we collect it.
The Solution may process your personal Data because:
- You have given us permission to do so
- The processing is in our legitimate interests and it is not overridden by your rights
- To comply with the law
Retention of Data
The Solution will retain your personal data only for as long as is necessary for the purposes set out in this Policy. We will retain and use your Personal Data to the extent necessary to comply with our legal obligations and laws, resolve disputes, and enforce our legal agreements and policies.
The Solution will also retain usage data for internal analysis purposes. Usage data is generally retained for a shorter period of time, except when this data is used to strengthen the security of the Solution, improve the functionality of the Solution, or if we are legally obligated to retain this data for longer periods.
Transfer of Data
Your information, including personal data, may be transferred to and maintained on web hosting servers located outside of your state, province, country or other governmental jurisdiction where the data protection laws may differ from those of your jurisdiction.
If you are located outside the United States and choose to provide information to us, please note that we transfer the data to the United States and process it there.
Your consent to this Policy followed by your submission of such information represents your agreement to that transfer.
The Solution takes reasonable and necessary steps to ensure that your data is treated securely and in accordance with this Policy. No transfer of your personal data will take place to an organization or a country unless there are adequate controls in place, including the security of your data and other personal information.
Disclosure of Data
Disclosure for Law Enforcement
Under certain circumstances, the Solution may be required to disclose your personal data if required to do so by law or in response to valid requests by public authorities (e.g. a court or government agency).
The Solution may disclose your personal data in the good faith belief that such action is necessary to:
- To comply with a legal obligation
- To protect and defend the rights or property of the Solution
- To prevent or investigate possible wrongdoing in connection with the Solution
- To protect the personal safety of users of the Solution or the public
- To protect against legal liability.
Security of Data
The security of your data is important to us but remember that no method of transmission over the Internet or method of electronic storage is 100% secure. While we strive to use commercially acceptable means and administrative measures to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee its absolute security.
Do Not Track Signals
We do not support Do Not Track (“DNT”). Do Not Track is a preference you can set in your web browser to inform websites that you do not want to be tracked. You can enable or disable Do Not Track by visiting the Preferences or Settings page of your web browser.
Special Information for California Residents.
The California Consumer Privacy Act requires select businesses to disclose policies relating to the sharing of certain categories of personal information with third parties. However, the Solution does not sell this personal information to third parties.
Your Data Protection Rights under the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR)
If you are a resident of the European Economic Area (EEA), you have certain data protection rights. The Solution aims to take reasonable steps to allow you to correct, amend, delete, or limit the use of your personal data.
If you wish to be informed about what personal data we hold about you and if you want it to be removed from our systems, please contact us.
In certain circumstances, you have the following data protection rights:
- The right to access, update, or delete the information we have on you. Whenever made possible, you can access, update, or request deletion of your personal data directly within your account settings section. If you are unable to perform these actions yourself, please contact us to assist you.
- The right of rectification. You have the right to have your information rectified if that information is inaccurate or incomplete.
- The right to object. You have the right to object to our processing of your personal data.
- The right of restriction. You have the right to request that we restrict the processing of your personal information.
- The right to data portability. You have the right to be provided with a copy of the information we have on you in a structured, machine-readable, and commonly used format.
- The right to withdraw consent. You also have the right to withdraw your consent at any time where the Solution relied on your consent to process your personal information.
Please note that we may ask you to verify your identity before responding to such requests.
You have the right to complain to a Data Protection Authority about our collection and use of your personal data. For more information, please contact your local data protection authority in the European Economic Area (EEA).
We may employ Service Providers who may have access to your personal data only to perform these tasks on our behalf. Service Providers are obligated not to disclose or use personal data for any other purpose.
We may use Service Providers to monitor and analyze the use of the Solution.
- Google Analytics: A web analytics service offered by Google that tracks and reports website traffic. Google uses the data collected to track and monitor the use of the Solution. This data is shared with other Google services. Google may use the collected data to contextualize and personalize the ads of its own advertising network.
For more information on the privacy practices of Google, please visit the Google Privacy & Terms web page: https://policies.google.com/privacy?hl=en
The Solution does not provide any services that require payments or collection of payment information from users.
Links to Other Sites
The Solution has no control over and assumes no responsibility for the content, privacy policies, or practices of any third party site or service. The Solution has no control over how information submitted by you to a third party site is collected and disseminated.
The Solution does not address anyone under the age of 13 (a ‘Child’).
We do not knowingly collect personal data from a Child. If you are a parent or guardian and you are aware that your Child has provided us with personal data, please contact us. If we become aware that we have collected personal data from children without verification of parental consent, we take steps to remove that information from our servers.
If you have any questions or concerns regarding this Policy, please contact us by emailing email@example.com.